By addressing all aspects of data problems on one platform, HPE SimpliVity infrastructure utilizes data efficiency not only to improve performance and save capacity, but also to reduce the need for TCO infrastructure. Customers who use hyperconverged technology realize many benefits, which are directly related to data efficiency:
- Performance - the HPE SimpliVity solution significantly improves the performance of all applications by eliminating previously IOPS on traditional infrastructure having to write it on disk. In the Data Virtualization Platform, deduplication makes all stages of data more efficient (main, backup, replication, recovery, etc.) because data is processed only once, and each stage is managed and used only at an efficient stage. The Data Virtualization Platform eliminates the shortcomings that cause a decrease in performance that is common in older technologies when solving data problems. Now, rather than sacrificing performance for efficiency, Simplified Hyperconverged HPE infrastructure actually improves
- Capacity - HPE Architecture SimpliVity requires fewer disks for all infrastructure than the old system, because writing is done in-line and is used throughout the data life cycle. Resources are no longer divided according to each stage of the data life cycle. At present, all resources are combined into one modular, scalable server block.
- Operational efficiency - HPE solutions SimpliVity dramatically simplifies IT, from data efficiency to global VM-centric management and mobility. Overall, the HPE SimpliVity hyperconverged solution simplifies most aspects of virtual infrastructure management, resulting in operational efficiency that allows administrators and staff to focus their efforts on new, not maintenance, innovations. HPE simplifies management on all sites, reduces the need for additional IT resources on many sites, and maximizes IT staff productivity by automating routine tasks and enabling amateur IT people to manage all infrastructure.
- Cost savings 69% compared to traditional IT - Infrastructure hyperconverged combining previously different products and applications into a modular, scalable, 2U modular server block. HPE's hyperconverged solution SimpliVity not only provides servers and storage but also natively includes global data protection that is policy driven at the VM level. There is no longer a need to have separate equipment for data efficiency, data performance, and data protection, which results in a capital expense (CAPEX) as a necessary physical device. Perhaps more significantly is the reduction in operational expense (OPEX) resulting from hyperconvergence. Smaller physical footprint and simplified operations produce lower total cost of ownership (TCO), calculated as support, maintenance, bandwidth, power and cooling, and administrative costs.
- Data protection - VM-level capability for backup, recovery and disaster recovery built into the HPE SimpliVity solution simplifies data protection locally and remotely. Useful data protection features of data efficiency made possible by Data Virtualization Platform:
- All backup and recovery are logical and independent entities, and are made without impact on performance. When new local backups are created, no IOPS is consumed because the process is just a metadata update. However, these backups are managed as independent objects without the risk of traditional photo or additional storage integrity / differential backups associated with the main copy.
- All backups are deduplicated, compressed, and optimized throughout the global Federation. If a backup is sent to a remote site, only unique blocks are sent across the cable, saving CPU, IOPS, and WAN bandwidth consumption.
- Cloning operations, even when running a VM, occur instantly. The Data Virtualization Platform applies data efficiency once and for all data. IT administrators can simply right-click the VM in vCenter or SCVMM and press "clone" and a supported copy of the current VM will be created immediately, without I / O or impact on production.